BUSINESS FINANCIAL ANALYST
DESCRIPTION: The Business Financial Analyst is responsible for advising and providing technical assistance in preparing budgets and operating statements, special performance measurement reports focusing on business segments, and various business unit support services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Review proposed financial estimations for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with established procedures, regulations, and organizational objectives. Employ cost analysis techniques, involving cost/price/volume relationships versus budget and forecast targets. Examine past and current budgets and research economic and financial results to support trend analysis and forecast methodologies. Work with product management teams in supporting the business segment operating philosophy. Provide guidance as required in preparation and justification of budget requests. Support accounting system enhancements and represent the finance organization in requirements design and definitions, as required. Develop Ad Hoc reporting using Access and specialized data base report writing tools. In this regard deploy the automation of several key business tools, segment income statements, and product line profitability statements. Support business units in understanding key financial concepts.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics required.
• 3-5 years experience in financial modeling and financial analysis preferred.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Requires accuracy and attention to detail.
• Knowledge of financial reporting and analysis in a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (oral and written proficiency).
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong working knowledge of PeopleSoft, JDE, ERP Systems is highly desirable.
• Above average computer and computer spreadsheet skills.