DIRECTOR OF QUALITY
DESCRIPTION: Develop, administer and monitor the Beretta USA Corp. Quality System to ensure the continuous production of goods consistent with customer requirements and established standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Measurement machine data collection, SPC analysis with Minitab and drawing data classification analyses. Shooting test data track; type of reject, recurrences and data-analyses for feedback on assembly and product development. Mapping of characteristics for each station and transition to auto-control with elimination of toll gates. Incoming inspection, vendor non-conformities analyses, recourse analyses, charge-backs. Vendor qualification SQE, PPAP file and First Article. Data analysis on product returns from the market due to quality issues and alignment with BITA on procedures used. Accurate log and thorough analysis of all quality issues obtained from the market, even if minor (weak signals) and prompt feedback to BITA (implement procedure for logging and feedback; currently not in place). Review military contracts, schedule meetings with military officials and write necessary reports and correspondence. Receiving Inspection: Assure that all purchased material meets company specifications. Quality Engineering: Provides manufacturing with support required to meet product specifications and items manufactured in-house. In-Process and Final Inspection: Verify that parts manufactured in-house are made to meet Beretta USA Corp. specifications. Metrology: Provide service to manufacturing to ensure that all tested and measuring equipment is calibrated, recalled and repaired as necessary to allow manufacturing the means of inspecting the product or parts produced. Product Testing: Ensure that all Beretta products sold meet Beretta USA requirements as well as all legal requirements. Product Packaging: Ensure that all products produced by Beretta USA are packaged and preserved to the company and customer standards. Import Product Inspection: Monitor the quality of products purchased from affiliate – P. Beretta S.p.A.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor’s degree in related technical field such as Engineering or Quality.
· 10 yrs experience in Quality arena with demonstrated expertise in Quality Management systems, theories and methods.
· Manufacturing and experience required
· Five years management experience in ISO 9001 registered company or similar environment.
· Knowledge of firearms industry and related firearms experience preferred.
· Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing, and interact at all levels, and in all functional areas.
· Ability to develop effective relationships, provide leadership, and integrate the functions of diverse organizations and individual contributors toward profitability objectives.
· Strong analytical skills and ability to develop reports and graphs using computer resources.
· Ability to access technical drawings, specifications and make the necessary decisions based upon knowledge of manufacturing and machining.
· Skills in planning, staffing, budgeting, organizing, controlling and communication.