The Beretta improved gas system of the Urika 2 makes these semiautomatics some of the softest shooting auto loaders – right out of the box – reducing felt recoil and improving second shot recovery. The adjustable drop and cast system ensures a custom fit for every shooter. The optional Recoil Reduction System device can be installed in the X-Tra Grain stock.
THE BERETTA GAS SYSTEM IS TWICE AS FAST AS ANY OTHER OPERATING SYSTEM. The gas system has been improved by the addition of a spinning and self cleaning action. As gas pressure is fed into the gas cylinder, a series of expandable fingers on the piston expand outwardly to clean the gas cylinder as the action cycles. Additionally, the gas piston is impar ted with a spinning motion and “scraper teeth” to ensure carbon deposits are thoroughly dislodged and removed from the gas system. This improved cleaning action greatly contributes to enhanced reliability and longer functioning shooting periods between cleaning.
NEW SCS (SPIN-CLEANER SELF-CLEANING) VALVE PISTON:
FUNCTIONALITY IMPROVED BY 40%, MAINTENANCE INTERVENTIONS REDUCED BY 50%
The new piston features numerous innovations:
- Four flexible tabs which positively adhere to the gas cylinder walls and adapt to the pressure of the different loads;
- A high number of self-cleaning scraper bands;
- Scraper bands on the piston guide bushing which clean the piston;
- Scraper front dents which keep the piston clean from the combustion residues;
- Four angled slots on the piston walls which induce its rotation.
Beretta’s new Kick-Off hydraulic dampening reduction system reduces recoil an astounding 44% more than its closest rival by using two hydraulic recoil dampers incorporated into the stock “spacer” unit. The recoil energy is gradually dissipated by the hydraulic dampers, resulting in superior comfort for the shooter.